He is LIGHT and LIFE and TRUTH! Look to Him for the ALL the answers. He will guide us, if we'll let Him.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, May 6, 2013

Potato Soup Recipe

This is the best potato soup ever!  I mean it.  I got this recipe from my mother-in-love....have no idea where she got it!  We love it in the wintertime. And....when spring never seems to get here, it's great on a chilly evening like tonight!

I peeled 6 potatoes.  2 were really big, 2 medium sized, and 2 small.  How's that for measurement?  I didn't measure them once I cut them up.  (I'm really bad about measuring....I just say "that looks about right!")  It looked like a little more than normal so, instead of 2 cups of water, I put 3.


This is the onion, carrot, celery, salt and pepper.  I just put them all in the same container and then dump in on top of the potatoes.  I don't usually have the water boiling first.  I was waiting for some celery that Hannah walked down to get from my mother-in-love and just went ahead with cooking the potatoes while I was waiting.

The ham bowl accidentally got in the picture with the butter, milk and cheese. Ham is sneaky!
Added the ham to the cooked potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery.
Then started in another pan to melt the butter, add in the flour with a whisk, slowly add the milk and then boil until it's thick.
Then add the cheese.  Stir until the cheese is melted.
Then add this mixture to the potatoes and oo la la...
The finished pot of soup!
Put it in the bowls and eat to your heart's content....or until the pot is empty!
We ate this tonight with Butter Dip Biscuits from The Country Cook.  I will post that recipe later.

I love to add a handful of raw spinach to the top of my bowl.  I forgot to do that tonight and ate two bowls before I remembered--oops! :0)

Now for the recipe:

POTATO SOUP

2 c. water
2 c. potatoes
1/2 c. carrots
1/2 c. celery
1/4 c. onion
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. cooked ham-cubed
1/2 stick butter
1/4 c. flour
2 c. milk
2 c. grated cheese (I use Colby/Monterey Jack

Bring water, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, salt and pepper to a boil.  Reduce the heat, cover, and cook until tender.  
Add the ham.

In separate pan, melt butter.  Stir in flour with whisk until smooth.  Gradually add milk.  Boil until it's thick.  Stir in the cheese until melted.  Add to the potatoes.

Yum! Yum!  Enjoy!

Comment and let me know how you like it and/or share your potato soup recipe.

Thank you,
Wise-Woman-Builds Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please share them here! I moderate all comments before publishing due to lots of spam. So, your comment will not show up right away...it will be waiting for me :)!

Thanks for sharing and for stopping by The GRAY Area!
Dawn