He is LIGHT and LIFE and TRUTH! Look to Him for the ALL the answers. He will guide us, if we'll let Him.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dawn's Cheesy Biscuit Loaf

 I thought I'd start sharing some great recipes with you!  This first one is new to my family.  It's one I've been testing in my kitchen.  We'll see if 3 different tweakings is the perfect fit...

 and...
  YES It was Yummy!

It started out as two different recipes that I found here:
Jim & Nick's Cheesy Biscuits 
Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits (I did not originally find it here...I first saw it on Facebook and shared it to my timeline and printed it out and several people even commented on it....now, it has disappeared--so can't really give credit.)


Anyway....

Dawn's Cheesy Biscuit Loaf
3 cups flour
1 T baking powder
1 heaping tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. black pepper
3 T Sugar
1 1/2 cups grated Colby/Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 T melted butter
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl including the cheese.  Mix wet ingredients in a different bowl.  Then, add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Do not overmix.  Place in loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.

We waited 10 minutes and dug in!  Enjoy!



Please comment when you make this and let me know what you think.  Also, if you made any changes.  I love seeing what others like!  

I just linked this post to the Weekend Potluck
Click the box and go find some more yummy recipes.

I also linked up here:  

Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest
There are some great posts on this blog and all the ones linking up.  Grab some coffee and go look at the Farm Girls and all they have to offer.  Thanks for joining us!!
 
Dawn    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please share them here! I moderate all comments before publishing due to lots of spam. So, your comment will not show up right away...it will be waiting for me :)!

Thanks for sharing and for stopping by The GRAY Area!
Dawn